Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Frost Mora, Swedish Mil. Mora Knife Review



The Mora Clipper is a great knife i have been really impressed since i picked it up a few weeks ago. It came with a very sharp blade that I have had to sharpen only once. Once sharpened it stays sharp for a very long time.
When I first got it

I was not sure how i felt about the plastic sheath and plastic handle. I thought it was cheaply made, however it has exceeded all my expectations. I have used it for battoning wrist thick branches for fire wood, carving, and cleaning fish. It has worked very well for each of these tasks. I like how the sheath clips onto things and it can easily be put on a belt or strap on a pack. The sheath holds the knife in suprisingly well and i have never had it pop out.

My only real criticism of the knife is that it is not full tang. the knife runs about halfway through the handle. But even when battoning wood with it, I never felt like it was going to break. I look forward to continue putting a beating on this knife and seeing how it holds up over time. For less than 15$, this knife is a steal.

The blade is 3 7/8" and made of carbon steel, it throws sparks off of a ferro rod really well. The knife and sheath weigh next to nothing and are a great addition to any kit.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog by googling "my mora knife" and the search results seem endless. :)

    This really is a great knife, isn't it?. I've got the stainless version and it takes a great edge, but I keep reading about how the carbon version takes and holds an edge better so I'm hoping to get one soon.

    ReplyDelete