Tuesday, March 30, 2010

palmico 100 kayak review


I currently own 2 kayaks and the Wilderness Systems Palmico 100 is hands downs my favorite boat. Measuring in at 10 feet long and 30 inches across, this kayak has alot of stability while still tracking well on longer paddles. I have used this boat on waters ranging from Lake Erie in decent chop to the Rocky River. It has handled all of the different types of water excellently.


The open cockpit design allows easy entry and exit. I have done alot of fishing out of this boat and it is a blast. It has allowed me on a small budget to target walleye and perch on the lake. On a few occasions while catfishing out of the boat, i have been literally pulled around in the water.


Overall this boat is great, but for longer paddles on flat water it could be a little longer for improved tracking, also the very open cockpit allows some water to get in but that could be solved by purchasing a spray skirt. I really enjoy paddling this boat and think it is a very good value and a great starter boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment