Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ultralight camping gear

I was getting some of my gear out of storage from the winter and organized for the spring and hopefully a camping trip here in the next few weeks. I usually pack extremely light and enjoy "roughing" it. I usual center my camping trips around fishing and supplement my food with fish i catch.

My gear lis is pretty simple and I am looking to make some additions or subtractions to it before i go.

Shelter
1 10'X10' brown cheap tarp with 15' sections of paracord on each corner attatched to the bottom of the pack
1 cheap pvc plastic poncho(used as a ground cloth and rain gear) stored in the hydration bladder sleave

Cooking
1 32 ounce nalgene bottle (filled all the time)
1 2 liter hydration bladder (not filled till camp)
1 nesting cup for the nalgen bottle( i think it is like 16 or 18 ounces?)
1 small "nesting" frying pan type dish that fits loosely around base of cup held in place with rubber band
a few pieces of tin foil
Rice mix put into individual serving sized bags
Oatmeal portioned into 1 cup bags
bag of jerky
Seasoing(salt, pepper, garlic salt)
small bottle of oil + small bag of flour
water purification pills

Clothing
either a pair of flip flops and a pair of tennis shoes/2 pairs of socks OR velcro sandals
baseball hat
bandana
sun glasses and strap
1 under armor shirt
1 pair of underarmor compression shorts
1 pair zip off nylon pants
1 light rain jacket/wind breaker with hood (optional based on weather)
fron pocket of pack:
wet ones
camp soap
bug spray
mora clipper knife
multi tool
TP
headlamp
first aid kit
ferro rod
lighter
petroleum jelly soaked cotton balls
paracord
compass and map of area
whistle/compass/match holder

Fishing
2 sided plano box full of tackle
ultralight (reel stored in sun glasses bag thing, plastic tube with end caps with rod in side strapped to side of pack)
license

IF I am using my kayak:
dry bag to fit pack inside
paddle+ extra half paddle
micro fiber towel
life jacket

As of now thats what I am going to be taking, right now projected temperatures are in the low 80's during the day and high 50's low 60's at night. If the weather is colder i may opt for a slightly larher pack and a sleeping bag. I probably will make alot of changes here over the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment